- The Prospective Student Committee informs Lehigh candidates about the IBE Program as well as oversees the mentorship program between first years and upperclassmen.
- The Professional Development Committee plans the IBE Career Fair and organizes company information sessions specifically looking to recruit IBE students.
- The Alumni Relations Committee plans events to incorporate alumni through panels, networking, and trips to New York City.
- The Media Committee works to maintain and constantly improve the IBE website, as well as creating original media content for the IBE program.
- The Social Committee plans outing for IBE students so that each class has the opportunity to network and increase communicty within the IBE program.
IBE Council Executive Board:
Mark Shterk is a junior at Lehigh in the IBE program studying Finance and Industrial Engineering. In addition to being the IBE Council President, he is also involved in a number of different organizations, including the Gryphon Society, Delta Upsilon, Lehigh Investment Management Group, and is a tour guide. He is originally from Colorado, but currently resides in Connecticut. Some of his favorite activities include reading, going to the gym, and listening to music. He believes that the best part of the IBE program is that it teaches you how to communicate with people on any level and in any setting, whether it be a spec meeting with a group of engineers, or a presentation outlining business case details in front of a executives. The program provides both the information and the methodology to achieving success in almost any setting, which very few other programs can accomplish.
Huilai Gu is a sophomore at Lehigh, studying IBE Chemical Engineering and Finance. Aside from being IBE Alumni Relations Chair, she is involved in Engineers Without Boarders, Latin Dance, Society of Women Engineers, and the Global Union. She’s originally from China, and she has lived and studied in Texas and Wisconsin as an exchange student prior to coming to Lehigh. She enjoys dancing, playing guitar, traveling, fencing, and watching Game of Thrones. For her, the IBE program not only enables students to become well-rounded leaders, more importantly, it creates a close-knit community where both IBE students and alumni can form long-lasting bonds/friendship.
Brielle Gemberling is a junior from Allentown, PA. She is majoring in IBE Chemical Engineering and hopes to work in pharmaceuticals upon graduation. She really enjoys being the IBE Social chair because she gets to plan events that allow IBE students to come together and have fun. IBE students represent a diverse demographic of students at Lehigh, as its students are involved in Greek life, varsity athletics, professional and recreational clubs, while hailing from all over the United States and the World. She loves the IBE program because it allows you to become friends with like-minded people who will become not only your colleagues but also your close friends, who will form an invaluable network for your future professional career.